Thursday, February 11, 2010

Too Much.

Yesterday I didn't get the opportunity to blog. I'm so sorry! I really wanted to, because I had the best idea. I asked my mom if I could go to my friend Alex's house on Tuesday, and we had to work it out so that I came home before my brother went to bed. You see, Ben, my brother, is 11 but he is also deaf. He cannot stay home alone while he is sleeping because if there is a fire, he cannot hear the fire alarm. That's when the wonderful idea struck me. What if there was something that he could strap to his wrist when he was sleeping, something that was connected to the rest of the fire alarms, and vibrated when one of them went off. This could be used whenever he slept, not only when he's home alone. When you think about it, if there's a fire, you don't know what's going to happen. Would my mom or I really be able to wake him up even if we were home? It's the perfect idea. I'm going to invent it.

Now another thing on my mind:
In the last week or two, my class has been doing all sorts of career research for high school. It stresses me out to no end. I've thought over and over again about what I want to do. I decided last year that I wanted to be a nurse, and that was that. Now, they have me making second guesses, thinking every little thing through and it's really hard! I'm not sure what I want to do, but I have thought about it a lot.

I would love being a nurse, I think. You see, I love helping out people, and science and medical stuff fascinate me. The problem is, I do have other options. Things that I have thought out too, and they also seem like good career choices.

I had to take a career test, and it gave me 100 ideas for good career choices, and I saw a few that really stuck out to me. Interior Designer. Architectural Color Designer. Make-up Artist. Don't worry, I'm not going to be a make-up artist. I just thought it sounded cool, but--no way. These things both sound really cool, but the thing is, I'm not sure if I would do very well in this. These kind of jobs go up and down with the economy, people aren't going to go and remodel their home when they aren't sure if they'll even be able to afford their house next month. Still stuck.

Here's where things get interesting.

Last night I went to a youth group I've never gone to before. I was absolutely blown away. That sermon did things for me, and I'm not sure if anybody else could understand how I was feeling last night. The guy preaching was goofy, but he also really opened my eyes. He was telling the story of how he got on the road he's on, and how he became a Christian. It was seriously miraculous, the way it happened. I'm not going to go into detail, but he helped so many people and the whole time I'm just thinking to my self..Man, I really want in on this.

I would love going into the Ministry full time. That could just be the best thing in the world. I would love to change lives the way this guy did, I would love to speak in front of people with the same excitement for God, I would love to do exactly what he does every day.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, but I do have some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment